My older sister used to write me from her far away vacations during college and say, "The weather is here, wish you were beautiful."
Well, from what I hear, the real weather is in Columbus, Ohio and we wish we were there. We are not flying out today - that's official. We have changed our flights to Tuesday and will pick up our visas on Monday. I tried to explain my case to each person in the Embassy and even witnessed to them but alas they could not speed up the process. Meanwhile, we realized that you were being hit with much snow and that our flight would have likely been delayed in Miami. And we know that it's better to be in El Refugio with Spanish speaking friends then stuck in the Miami airport with Spanish speaking people we don't know."
Hoping to see you all soon. In the meantime, we are going to do more sightseeing and enjoy Sunday with our children (in a church where they can understand).


4 comments:
God works in mysterious ways His wonders to perform. I am sure He has reason for you to be in Colombia for a few more days. Perhaps Sunday in a Spanish-speaking church will be the very thing that the kids need right now. Whatever the reason, He will continue to wrap you all in his love and care, and someday you will see His hand at work in all this.
Love, Mom
The weather is definitely here! Blizzard-like conditions already beginning with blowing snow - visibility is near 0 in town. Supposed to get up to a foot of snow by tomorrow afternoon. You definitely will have some snow to show the children when you get home Tuesday. Temps may be up in the 40s by Weds. tho. As much as we want to have you home, God knows best - and will bring you home safely next week.
Oh! I better go mail those snow boots!!!! I will overnight them on Monday I think. We have been praying for you all day; while we were having J get an ultrasound and ex-ray. We have been out, so I just saw the update.
Well bummer. Enjoy your warm weather while you are there! Poor kids, they won't know what to think about all this cold! I have to say, that is a fun plus side to you being over there. You have probably missed the last of winter. Goodness, I hope anyway. Still praying.
Lara
Post a Comment