Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Everlasting Father

I knew that God would be teaching me more about Himself as my Everlasting Father as I learn how to be a Father myself. I thought I would relate to you one lesson I have been learning.

As a father I found myself having to make decisions for my children for their protection or good, or for the protection or good of others. They don´t always understand why. Sometimes they pout and sometimes they throw a tantrum. But I stick to my decision because I know that giving in to them would in the long run not be for their good.

The past few days I have done alot of pleading and begging to God for us to be able to make our Friday flight. My mind has a thousand reasons why coming home Friday would make perfect sense. The realization I came to yesterday morning was that God knows best. Just as my children don´t always understand my decisions, but I ask them to trust me, so I must learn to trust God. He ultimately knows what is best for us and our children.

I came to this realization as I knew that basically our chances of coming home Friday was pretty much nil. All day yesterday I asked God to help me be content with His timing. Sometimes I merely had to ask Him to help me want to be content with His timing. As I went to bed last night I could honestly say I was disappointed, but confident God knew best.

This morning, while I was still getting dressed Lynn got a call from Lucia and we started the process this morning. Coming home Friday will still take God speeding up the process, but we know now that it won´t be long.

Learning to trust Him more each day. Praying my children learn the same. Papi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As I have said before, you are a great father Trevor, and I am so thankful for you. Dayanna and Johan are blessed to have a Papi that loves and trusts God, and loves them, and cares enough to teach them about their Heavenly father, training them up in the way they should go.
Love,
Anna Rae