Tuesday, March 18, 2008

NEXT TIME I will ask more questions

Like...

How messy will this be?

What type of container do I need?

How much do you give them?

My friends and colleagues suggested a "great" way to learn letters using large motor skills...writing your letters in SHAVING CREAM. I should have listened to the first voice that said, "in the bath tub". But then the second voice said, "We do it at the kitchen table." I clearly wasn't thinking. Kitchen table, shaving cream, and cookie sheets don't mix...they mess! Yep. We tried it and Trevor and I laughed and laughed as we dropped your names (which shall remain unmentioned on the blog but you know who you are). Why didn't we ask more questions? It sounded fun and educational. It turned out to be just plain hilarious without much education...at least for our children. Trevor and I received a great education in what not to do again. They say failure is the best way to learn. I learned a lot today...like how to get shaving cream off the carpet...off the wall...off the curtains...off my son...off my daughter...out of their hair...you get the picture. Just in case you don't get the picture I will attach some. Notice the shaving cream in the air in Johan's photo.

Following this learning experience we carried them to the kitchen sink and hosed them down (no way would I carry them to the bathroom...that is through the living room and near the dog, who wisely stayed clear of our "school").

Video captions...Dayana, "Ya Papi. I made an H. What's next?"; Johan, "Boy is this cool. What are we doing again?"

Thankfully I thought of big old t-shirts to cover their clothing. Next time I will add hats.
What am I saying? Next time??? I would have to be crazy. Mom says I already am so next time we will play with shaving cream in the bath tub. Maybe I will pull it out when Mom is here.

2 comments:

drmacab97 said...

Those pictures are AWESOME!!! Good times!

Unknown said...

It doesn't take much shaving cream to make letters :) Lots less! Although, in the bathtub more would be fun... Next time, you could try corn meal in the cookie sheets. It is very textured, and is great for making letters. I love the pictures :_