Several have asked about the food. We have eggs and toast for breakfast. Both are great breakfast eaters - two eggs, three toast, chocolate milk, juice, and cereal on the days that they are very hungry. For lunch we have soup, meat, potatoes or rice, and salad. Neither like meat much so they don't eat as much for lunch (the first two days they devoured everything but now they know they will be fed again). Dinner is a lighter meal - meat, rice, and a vegetable. Dayanna doesn't eat veggies very well. We are working on that. They have to at least try everything (not eat everything like I had to). The other night I explained to Dayanna that I didn't like broccoli either so we both suffered through our one piece and became partners in perseverance. For a midday snack we have fruit and juice - they both devour fruit anytime so that's good. I will have to learn to make fresh fruit juices with passion fruit and mango and such because they love them and I can't think of a better snack. We have not given them the Oreos that we brought - fruit is better.
Pronunciation - Dayanna (Die-john-a); Johan (joe-on)


5 comments:
Loving you all!
Ummm! Breakfast is my favorite meal! No lima beans??? You must remember that I learned a lot between you and Amy and Mary. Wouldn't make you eat them now.
Love,
Mom
Now mom...I had to "eat" them too...there are a lot of napkins in a landfill somewhere full of lima beans.
lima beans - any nutritional value there? if you learn to make the passion fruit/mango drinks, you'll have to fix one for me - Easter? so the pony was all about $$, now i understand. oh, back to my original thought... i was going to name my little boy joseph arthur, so i'm glad to see the family name continues on in your brood, too! his personality will go well with his cousin garrett joseph's adventure quest as well as cousin jonathan's energy. can't wait for the boy's camp out! i'll need vitamins! or drugs!
Well....
Lima beans: are a good source of cholesterol lowering fiber; prevents blood sugar levels from rising too quickly after a meal; rich in dietary fiber; helps prevent heart disease with significant amounts of folate and Magnesium; high in protein; gives energy to burn while stabilizing sugar; and many other good things you can read about online.
Love you all,
Mom
Post a Comment