We started the routine of praying at meals and bedtime on our very first day. They laughed for several days. Then they mocked for several days. But tonight they both prayed their own prayer. Johan, "Gracias por Dayana, por Papi, y por mi perro (dog). Amen." I didn't care one bit that he left me out; HE PRAYED!
Then Dayana prayed as well, "Gracias for yo (herself), y Johan, y Mami, y Papi, y mi perrito. Amen." Perrito is her word for dog...we are not sure if she makes up the -ito ending or if that is a Colombian thing but she adds -ito to a lot of words.


2 comments:
FYI Perrito is the name of Dora's dog on her show. Maybe she heard that. We haven't watched Dora in a few weeks, so I don't remember exactly. I know I've seen the dog on her website activities at www.nickjr.com. --Melody
I suspect it is a term of endearment, although I can't find proof of that. Ito is a suffix meaning little, small. She is actually saying little dog.
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment