Saturday, March 8, 2008

Haves and Have nots - what we will miss and do miss

We have...
1. Great fruit (more kinds than you can imagine - and my friend told me that the picture of the fruit I posted earlier is called Passion Fruit - also known as Monkey Snot, which is what it looks like)
2. McDonald's
3. Coke with ice (I don't really like Coke but today it was my treat as the kids played in the McD's playground - their treat)
4. CBS (I appreciate and am more thankful for having access to news)
5. Fun in the many parks (if we get lost going to one we are bound to run into another)
6. Traffic (I will miss being amazed at how it works)
7. Eggs everyday for breakfast and today for lunch in a quiche (all total I estimate that Trevor has had 8 eggs today - two for breakfast and 6 at lunch as he downed two big helpings of quiche. His arteries will not miss El Refugio food.)
8. 65 degree weather daily
9. More types of flowers than you can name or imagine

We have not...
1. Chipotle (I think I will eat it first)
2. Family next door (we can't wait to be home)
3. Friends nearby (ditto)
4. Dr. Pepper (with or without ice - Trevor thinks I am crazy)
5.ESPN (NC vs. Duke - I am getting homesick for college hoops - and taught Johan the word basketball today)
6. Drive-throughs (just an interesting observation that I made today)
7. 18 inches of snow
8. Our own beds

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our snow is melting. Hopefully yours will stay around for a few days.
Mom

Anonymous said...

No chance our 20+ inches will melt before you get home, although temps are to rise by Weds.

drmacab97 said...

It'll be perfect for playing and building forts & snowmen when you get here! Can't wait!

Life with Spirit said...

At least you'll be home in time for March Madness!

apolopadawan said...

I agree about number four on what you don't have. When I was in Mexico City this past summer it took until our last day for me to find some Dr Pepper, at a 7-11 of all places. That's one thing to look forward to here in the US, although the snow is awful.

Keeping you in thoughts and prayers,
Robert Holbert