Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Our trip to Jaime DuQue

"What´s Jaime DuQue?," you ask. Well we have been there and I am not quite sure. It seems to be a cross between a zoo, an amusement park, a state fair, and a museum. We had a blast! Mark and Teresa and Andrew and Josh were our hosts again on our trip.
We saw a lion, we rode two trains, we walked across a scary bridge between the monkeys. We visited the Taj Mahal, a pirate ship, a battle ship, an airplane, and read "In God We Trust" next to his hand holding the world. We saw an anatomically correct male version of the Statue of Liberty (confusing), a T-Rex (he almost ate us), and played on our first teeter totter (I had to hold Johan and then he kept trying to do it himself after Dayanna left).
We rode an elephant, a giant slide (again and again), drove boats, and watched
Senora Dempsey get bumped around. On the giant slide we tied 2-2 on our races (Johan and Mami versus Dayanna and Papi). We flew down a zip line like Diego and ate hamburgers for lunch. We bravely rode our first carousel. In the end we were all exhausted, a little sunburned, and thrilled that we had gotten to visit this wonderful place. I exercised my Mami rights and elected Papi to ride with them on the teacups (you know the ride that you can twist your steering wheel to spin one way while the whole ride spins the other - "rapido Papi" was heard over the noise of the ride). I was dizzy just watching and Johan adorably stumbled off - I wish I had a video of that part. I do have a few videos (with sound) to post later, when we visit Mark´s house.
Finally, best of all, we were basically the only people there. We passed two school groups while walking between places but never had a line of any kind. That´s how we got to do the slide again and again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun day you had! Looks like you did a little bit of everything. So glad Mark and Theresa are there to show you the sites. I love to see the smiles on Dayanna and Johan's little faces. You are making some great memories!
Love you all,
Abuela T

drmacab97 said...

VERY VERY FUN!!!! That's awesome! Wish we had a place like that!

Anonymous said...

Dia muy divertido! I was totally misspelling the name of the place. A great introduction to wildlife in preparation for the Columbus Zoo! Wouldn't it be fun to take all the cousins there this summer? !!
Love,
Neena

Life with Spirit said...

Wow! I just can't get over how beautiful they are. I know I said it yesterday but my goodness, they just have the most beautiful eyes and skin and hair!