Wednesday, May 7, 2008

What I saw...What he saw

This Spring has been the most beautiful that we can remember and one I came home just before bedtime and decided the kids couldn't miss seeing the newly bloomed trees. So we stayed up a little past bedtime that night and all went on a "beauty walk". Trevor as always took care of Riley on the walk. (By the way, she has learned the Spanish word for walk. She always knows when we are getting ready to go.)

I started out by showing the kids our neighbors beautiful pink tree. "Wow, look at that, it's PINK."

Johan replied, "It's blanco (white)."
I thought he must be looking through the sunglasses that change the color of everything (Trevor's 80's style blue blockers). I turned to correct him and show him that his glasses were distorting the color and saw him rubbing the neighbor's truck bed (notice my pink tree is in the background). "Wow look at that" he repeated. That's my BOY.
We enjoyed our walk - pointing out flowers, trees, cars, trucks. Johan returned using the phrase, "Wow look at that" at every turn.

Even my dogwood is especially beautiful this year - as is our dog (with her summer shave).

No comments: