Monday, April 28, 2008

New computer

My blog writing slowed down this month when my computer warned me that it could hold no more. It was full and refused to take another picture or video to store. Microcenter helped me out and now we are back to blogging, new computer in hand. The next twenty or so posts will be in no particular order as I catch up (I have been keeping a list).

Meanwhile my old computer has become a handy DVD player in J and D's bedroom. Johan is currently watching an afternoon video instead of taking a nap. He is growing out of needing a nap but still needs a rest time and since he can't read yet, a video (in English) has been the routine. He is learning English without realizing it. Last week he insisted that he had watched a video in Spanish that only comes in English. "Espanol Mami, no Ingles," he reinterated no matter how I asked him. He is learning English so quickly he doesn't even recognize Espanol sometimes. One night, he asked for Dora in Spanish and I obliged and changed it over but he didn't notice. He kept asking for Dora in Spanish and Dayana kept explaining that it was in Spanish. Finally, he realized that it was and relaxed and watched his movie. It is fun and strange to watch their brains learn English.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you have a new computer. Now I can see pictures and read about my precious little ones.