Johan is not quite as sophisticated as Dayana at bedtime. He still wants a drink...then MEDECIN (he says it in Spanish and gets his nightly vitamin or benadryl - everyone in our house has allergies to fall including the dog)...then off come the socks (I'm hot)...then he wants the vent (air conditioner)...then lately he has wanted to tell a story. But if you have read other days, you know his stories are not theological or real (from poop on his head to a dead boy at recess - he is a story teller).
Tonight he told me a cute one that might very well be real. "Today we race and race (each other at recess) and I race and I like Rusteze...I lost my tire."
He's brilliant! He used an analogy to explain how tired he was from racing at recess. "Tomorrow I no race. My feet is tired."
Mami, I have a funny story - consequences (that's a game we play where I teach cause and effect)...Mami what's the consequence if that picture falls off the wall and hit your head?...It would hurt...That funny Mami...No...That not funny?...No, not funny...One more story Mami...Johan it's time to sleep...Mami it's the verdad (truth)...Goodnight Johan...Mami it's not good to lie...It's also not good to stall at bedtime when you need to go to sleep..............
I won. He's asleep.


No comments:
Post a Comment