I am constantly amazed at the other silly things we do. Like "saving" a dying locust after school on the way to the car. We carefully placed the ugly bug next to a tree, upright, and safe so he could "find his mami and papi". The next day I was supposed to park somewhere else so they wouldn't find it dead.
I forgot.
Mami it's died!
Then what was I thinking. To distract them from their pain I said, "Do you want to take it home and show Papi?"
It's sitting here next to me now - dead and carefully laying in a tray. The clueless mess I made by inviting into the car is over.
Mami ANTS!
As the locust laid in the tray we found to take him home in, ants began filing out one at a time...Did I mention I was driving down the road? My window came down and I drove distractedly while grabbing ants from the tray and throwing them out the window. All the way trying to carefully say, "They were eating his insides!" GROSS!
Then to top it off, everyone forgot to show Papi yesterday so the bug has been sitting on my counter in his little tray like an insect collection specimen waiting to be pinned in place.


2 comments:
I have the Joy, Joy, Joy down in my heart!...........Down in my heart to stay!
Love,
Mom
Laughing out loud.
Post a Comment