Trevor and I just returned home from a two day convention in Dayton. We dropped our children off at Grandma and Grandpa's house on Thursday morning and came home Friday evening. It's Saturday morning and we (Trevor and I) are laying in bed reading but it's what is going on around us that is blog worthy. Our 40 pound dog Riley is laying on top of Trevor getting scratched. Everytime he stops she gets more determined to get his attention. Apparently she is a little insecure about us leaving her for two days. She is holding Trevor down this morning.
Dayana is playing at the side of the bed. She is playing a memory game and singing nonsense words to the tune of jingle bells (I wonder if they are learning jingle bells at school). The key is that she is playing within five feet of us - lest we leave her again.
Johan is playing at the foot of the bed and everyonce in a while he climbs up on the bed with his cars and then goes back down. He drives his cars over the register and sings his own nonsense song. He too is nervous about us leaving - so every once in a while he sits on my legs to drive his car.
Meanwhile Trevor and I are reading (or should I say trying to read) in the midst of three very insecure little ones. While I type, Trevor has already abandoned his book and Johan is now saying in my ear, "Can you play with us?"


1 comment:
I pray that you will never get tired of being "bothered" by your children.
Larry S.
Post a Comment